The Go-to-Girl or Guy...
Have you ever stopped to wonder why you seem to so often be the first call a friend, family member, or coworker typically makes when they need to find peace, clarity, answers to seemingly impossible questions/situations, or even when they have a serious need for wisdom in finding solutions to genuinely daunting problems?
I’m going to suggest that this mystery might be offering us all a great opportunity to ponder the idea that it might have a lot to do with our uniquely specific design specs in creation!
Psalm 139:14 - I will praise you, LORD; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are your works; and that my soul knows well.
I genuinely believe that in the fact that no two of us were ever born exactly alike, (this statement coming from the mom of now grown twins), there are seemingly hidden in all of our uniquely different temperaments, skillsets, likes, dislikes, and affinities- at least some of the very things that make us so “useful” to others, when they find themselves in crisis, or simply needing a caring, and companionate listening ear.
Why do you suppose that while one someone would without fear or hesitation plunge themselves head-long down into the depths beneath our feet in treacherously dangerous situations like the sudden need to pull a small child or animal out of a gutter filled with only God knows what, or a pit, or even an exploded mine while 99% of the rest of society would either stand looking on in shocked paralysis, or pray, or grab others to tell about it and hold onto in the hope of creating a human chain to reach down to the depths below... or might even pull out a phone or camera to film it for the local news or social media?
What if any of these scenarios have less to do with the level of bravery, intelligence, or strategic thinking one might possess, or not possess, than it has to do with the unique “wiring” locked into the very fiber of our being since before we were ever even placed in our mother’s womb?
Now, I won’t deny that who we have become does, in no small measure, have much to do with how we grew up, were raised, and the privileges and benefits we were, or were not given, but...
We have all heard of those who seemingly began life with little to nothing of consequence appearing to give them the tools with which to build a life worth living, who later, against all odds, not only thrive, but simultaneously seem to uplift and bring hope and inspiration to countless others along the way.
While I don’t know the life-stories, and backgrounds of MOST OF YOU, I do know my own, and that I legitimately would not still be standing, let alone thriving if it were not for the God who wired into me the single strongest character trait that I personally can identify; I was born entirely without the ability to quit- to give up on hope, or on life, and on my faith in God that no matter what things look like in any given moment- God is still with me, for me and on my side; that is more than enough for me!
PS
I would be (in the above scenario) the one both praying and diving headlong into only God knows what (with phone, or camera at the ready in case it was needed), to rescue anyone, or anything that needed rescuing. Smart? Probably not... but as several of my life-experiences have already borne out... this is truth none-the-less not because of who I am, but because of who has created me, and the things he has placed within me... and now, I genuinely can’t wait- to learn more about all of you and all of the massively great things he has done and is surely about to do through you!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment